The emergency alert banner feature allows you to inform website users of sudden changes in university-wide operations, including outages and office closures (e.g. a UBC-wide campus closure due to extreme weather). This feature will only display on your homepage.
Adding/ editing the emergency alert banner
To add/modify content in the Emergency Alert:
- Go to your Dashboard, under Settings, select Emergency Alert.
- Fill in the corresponding fields:
- Title: Area to enter the title for the emergency alert (character limit: 50)
- Body: Area to enter the body content for the emergency alert (character limit: 200)
- Link text: Area to enter the text for the Link URL (a call to action; e.g. “Learn more”) (character limit: 20)
- Link URL: Area to enter the link that will redirect the user to the official/original source (e.g. https://www.ubc.ca/)
- Enable Emergency Alert: Check this box to display the alert on the homepage; uncheck this box to hide the alert
- Click “Save Changes” to save the settings.
Tip: The content in the emergency alert should align with the University’s messaging to ensure the information delivered is consistent between the official source and your website.